Have an event to suggest? Let us know.
Click To Filter or View All Events
Want these events automatically pulled into your own personal calendar?
Copy this link and import to your calendar of choice.
TechWomen Power Breakfast: Becoming a Role Model and Learning to Communicate STEM to Non-scientists
November 10 @ 7:30 am - 9:00 am
- What is the takeaway? The importance of concepts over facts.
- Developing your hook. How do you keep the interest of your audience?
- When do you introduce new vocabulary, and when is it just jargon?
- Avoiding oversimplification fallacies. When have you simplified to the point of being incorrect?
- So what? – making real world connections.
- Reimagining what it means to be a Scientist or Engineer. Representation matters.
- Preventing the drop-off. Being sensitive to insecurities of young developing women.
- We are not the job. The importance of painting the whole picture including our outside lives.
- How to get involved.
- Volunteering and getting face time with kids.
- Corporate support for Community Partnerships (Girls Inc., Girls at Work) and Scholarships.
- SEE Role Model project – a partnership between SEE and the Manchester Historic Association to collect oral histories of STEM professionals.
Each month throughout the year, an amazing group of women (and men) comes together to network, share inspirational stories, grow professionally and personally and bring awareness to what is possible for women today. Our breakfast series starts with networking via this innovative new platform followed by a presentation following. Learn more about the TechWomen|TechGirls initiative of NH Tech Alliance.