Have an event to suggest? Let us know.
Click To Filter or View All Events
Want these events automatically pulled into your own personal calendar?
Copy this link and import to your calendar of choice.
- This event has passed.
How Funding for Early Stage Startups is a Win for Investors & Founders
August 10 @ 7:30 am - 9:00 am
At the August virtual breakfast we’ll dive into startup funding from both the investor and the entrepreneur perspective. Kyle York, CEO of York IE and Janelle Gorman, CFO at York IE will speak from the investors side and will discuss:
- What is early stage investing and why is it beneficial?
- How do investors decide what to invest in and how do you balance risk and reward?
- How are valuations determined and what metrics are important?
- What actually happens when you invest in a business and how much money do you need?
- How do exits, distributions and returns work?
Then we’ll hear from entrepreneur Kathrine Wells, CEO of Serenity Engage and we’ll learn:
- How do you get investment an what do you do with it?
- If you have a great product idea, where do you start?
- How long do you self fund before seeking outside investment?
- What should you have before you ever call an investor?
Our speakers will remove the stigma that investing is hard and complicated.
7:30 – 7:50am – Networking
7:50 – 9:00am – Presentation
Thank you to our sponsor Cook Little for sponsoring the August virtual breakfast!