The New Hampshire Tech Alliance, representing 300+ member organizations and nearly 60,000 tech professionals, is seeking a dynamic, passionate Programming and Membership professional. This new hire will be part of the core team that takes the organization to its next stage of growth and relevancy.
Reporting to, supporting, and working closely with the Executive Director, the Senior Manager will have responsibilities in key areas including:
Programming and Events
- Serve as the staff liaison to volunteer committees to support committee effectiveness.
- In partnership with the event committees, help coordinate events, handle logistics, and provide on-site staffing and engagement of volunteers.
- Work with Initiative Lead/Committee Chairs to measure profitability and drive a steady increase in attendance to events.
- Support special events (e.g., meetings with legislators, briefings, road shows, and other events where the Alliance has a role)
- Provide support as needed pre/during events, including online and onsite registration, logistics, event scripting, logistics, food and beverage arrangements, etc.
Membership and Sponsorships
- Lead efforts to engage current and future members and others in the wide range of programming offered by the Alliance.
- Work with members to help strengthen engagement with the Alliance.
- Design and deploy a tracking system to ensure member benefits are delivered across all tiers throughout the year.
- Ensure member data integrity and updates, run reports, and manage MemberZone or any other membership management software used by the Alliance.
- Address membership questions and other inquiries.
- Support activities that attract and secure event sponsorships and develop additional revenue streams for the Alliance and the NH Tech Foundation.
- Drive deeper member engagement and capture information based on areas of interest in the member database.
Marketing, Promotion, and PR
- Oversee promotion of Tech Alliance social media, e-blasts, newsletters, public relations and marketing to ensure that event messaging is consistent and engaging.
- Create and update event collateral, web copy, and other materials as needed.
- Coordinate with the Executive Director and committee chairs on overall event marketing strategy.
- Support and accelerate social media engagement and visibility across the Alliance portfolio.
- Work closely with the Executive Director on annual planning and forecasting.
- Coordinate meetings for regional roadshows.
- Provide support to the Board and Executive Committee for meeting preparation, planning, and scheduling.
- Coordinate annual online meeting for the Alliance.
Other items as identified by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of five years experience in events, marketing, communications, fundraising or nonprofit organizations
- Attention to detail and follow-up
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- Discretion and excellent judgment
- Experience in event planning with an eye towards excellence
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with ability to be creative and take initiative
- Knowledge of social media tools, WordPress and other commonly used software tools
- Understanding of the landscape of New Hampshire businesses and the tech community, including start-ups, is highly desired
- Experience with a membership-based organization is also highly preferable
- A professional, can-do attitude and spirit
- Light travel around NH is required to support NHTA events which will occasionally be held in the morning or evening
If interested in applying, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org