By: Matt Cookson, executive director
Spring is here and the professional and social calendars are filling up. At the NH Tech Alliance, we want to make sure you are aware of some of the programming we have planned for the coming months. Here is an overview of what you can expect.
- In the next few weeks, we will be announcing our keynote speaker for the Entrepreneur of the Year event. Spoiler alert – you more than likely use one of his inventions every day in a piece of technology you take everywhere with you.
- We will also be closing our application period for nominations and submittal for the 2019 Entrepreneur of the Year. If you are planning on applying, please get this in as soon as possible.
- If you are a member who has not yet taken care of your 2019 dues, please do so shortly. Your membership support is critical when it comes to supporting the Alliance.
- The popular new tech e-brew series in Portsmouth is now in full swing and attracting large crowds. The warm weather is sure to help build even more momentum to our May 1 gathering. Join the Tech Alliance in our partnership with the Chamber Collaborative of Greater Portsmouth every first Wednesday from 5-7 pm at The Press Room. There is no cost and no pre-registration.
- The BioMedtech Leadership luncheon will be held at Lonza Biologics on May 1 and include a tour of the facility. This event is invite only.
- The TechWomen Power Breakfast will be held on May 8. Please visit our website to learn who will be speaking at this popular monthly event.
- We are planning on running a mergers and acquisitions forum with experts at Devine Millimet. These breakfast sessions will be run for three weeks starting on May 23, with the second one on May 30. They will be held at the Devine Millimet offices in downtown Manchester and will be free of charge. Look for more details shortly.
- In late May we will hold our annual online membership meeting. This is an opportunity to get an update on the Alliance and weigh in on new board members and officers. A date and time will be confirmed shortly.
- And on May 30, we will be holding Startup Shindig. This is a great opportunity to meet some promising new startup leaders and learn more about their products and services through live pitches at this event. It will be held at Oracle + Dyn beginning at 5:30 pm and the experts at the MillWorks Fund II will be making some strategic investments in a few of the companies that present that day.
- Join us on June 6 for the tech e-brew series in Portsmouth. These are held every first Wednesday from 5-7 pm at The Press Room. There is no cost and no pre-registration.
- The third and final M&A series breakfast is scheduled for the morning of Thursday, June 6. They will be held at the Devine Millimet offices in downtown Manchester. Look for more details on this series shortly.
- The TechWomen Power Breakfast will be held on June 12. Please visit our website to learn who will be speaking at this popular monthly event.
- Mark your calendars for June 13 and reserve your seats for the 31st annual Entrepreneur of the Year event. We’re holding this signature event at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in downtown Manchester. Hear from our keynote speaker and 2019 Entrepreneur of the Year and network and connect with leaders from across the state.
- The BioMed tech team will be hosting a luncheon at Foxx Life Sciences on June 14 from 12-2 pm. This event will be open to all who want to attend and include lunch, a tour and time to network with your colleagues. Look for more details in the coming weeks.
Before the end of June, also be on the lookout for information regarding some of our major fall programs that may require you to do some summer prep work if you want to participate. This includes our Speed Venture Summit in late September and opening up our applications for the 2019 Product of the Year and TechOut programs. Before you slide into summer, give some thought about participating in one of these programs and – as always – please contact us for more information.